RPHA 11 – marginally better in every way.
This is a completely new helmet in every aspect. New shell, new visor, new interior, new EPS, new ventilation. However, the product’s central theme is the ‘aggregation of marginal gains’. The many little gems of feedback provided by racers on the outgoing RPHA 10+ (none of them individually earth-shattering) have been used to spec the RPHA 11.
All those comments which start “this is great, but it would be even better if…” have been heard. The development team at HJC has LISTENED and ACTED and many small improvements in every area have created a large difference at the end.
Part number: R1C**
Helmet Style: Graphics
Available in Sizes: XS-XL
Available in Colours:
- R1CB - Black, Red - Gloss
- R1CR - Black, Silver - Gloss
- Still comes in 3 shell sizes, but an XXS (52cm) size has been added due to demand from both racers and women.
- Still made from HJC’s unique Premium Integrated Matrix, but re-shaped to save weight to compensate for all the additional features added to this helmet.
- Extremely strong but only 1300g fully loaded.
- Complete overhaul of approach towards ventilation, for the benefit of both racers and road riders. HJC’s wind tunnel has been adapted so that individual vents’ performance can be measured in litres of air transported per second.
- Additional (adjustable) brow vent; additional chin vents (adjusted from inside), additional exhaust vents; redeveloped top vents with rubberised wheel adjusters and full internal seal to prevent water or wind ingress when closed; new rear vents under spoiler designed for maximum suction; new moulded channelling through EPS to connect all of the above vents.
- The result is measurably impressive ventilation, which has been benchmarked against the best of the competitor products.
VISOR / SHIELD
- Dual Shield Lock System. HJC has kept its very popular central locking mechanism for the visor – so easy to use because anyone can find the centre of their face (where the mouth is). But they have now added a ‘deadlock’ in case racers should hit the tarmac face-down and de-latch the mechanism.
- Visor package. The helmet comes as standard with both the 2D Dark Smoke Shield and a Pinlock Anti-fog insert lens, in addition to the regular clear shield.
- Wider eye port provides extra 5mm or (3 degrees) more view at the top of the helmet – primarily for racers in the prone position.
- UV protection. The shields are now treated to provide 99.9% protection from harmful UV rays.
- There is now a rubberised base to the liner, so it can be wiped clean and stays looking new for longer.
- Reflective panels at the rear to make you more visible from behind at night.
- The liner has changed to a “Multicool” material - an advanced anti-bacterial fabric with enhanced moisture wicking and quick drying function.
- The crown pad construction has been moulded to function with the new ventilation system and comes with an additional layer of padding built in as standard. Racers normally add this layer, in order to get the helmet sitting higher for greater visibility in the prone position, so we have put it in as standard.
- Crown and cheek pads are removable and washable.
- Emergency Cheek Pads have been fitted with pull straps and self-releasing fixings for safe and quick removal in an emergency situation (with the helmet still on the rider’s head).
- There are bespoke positions moulded into the EPS by your ears to fit intercom headphones. More importantly, thick, soft ear pads are also provided as an option for those who simply wish to make the helmet as quiet as possible.
Available in sizes
|Head Circ. Cm
||HJC RPHA 11