Bull-it Jeans work with Covec Ltd, a company focused on “Technical Textiles. These are textiles made from yarns engineered solutions, they can be synthetic fibres mixed with natural fibres or engineered synthetic fibers produced to meet performance criteria. Covec offers high performance Rip Stop fabrics, drop-in liners and reinforced denim.
The mid level SR6 jeans use the Covec™ SR6 liner, these jeans are tested to and certified CE EN 13595-1 Level 1 Clause 5.4 for Abrasion resistance with 6 seconds in all relevant zones
To achieve CE – Testing Approval the garment construction as well as the materials have to achieve performance levels, just 3 of many are; impact abrasion, cut and burst resistance. This will give you peace of mind the whole garment has been tested and all of the garment is lined with a safety protection liner, it makes the garment around 0.5 kg heavier but offers protection of the highest level.
Traditional aramid-based jeans offer 1-2 seconds of abrasion resistance.
Bull-it® jeans offer three distinct levels,all of which are at least twice as protective.
SR6 offers 6 seconds of abrasion resistanc
THE BEST HIGH SPEED PROTECTION
- 50% internal cover of Covec impact abrasion resistance layer.
- Tested to 6 Seconds Impact Abrasion Resistance on EN12595 level 1 on Front and Rear.
- Micro Climat Inside - 1mm of airflow using Covec structure and cool mesh liner, keeps you warm when it's cold and cool in the summer.
- Elbow & Shoulder armour, CE 1621 approved protectors (and a foam back protector)
- Soft inner wicking mesh
Part number: 15070503
Material: 12 oz black denim, 100% Cotton outer
Sizes Available: XS - 4XL
Covec™ SR4, SR6 and +7 are unique laminated constructions consisting of around 300 up to 750 gsm knitted textiles made of high performance yarn, this offers, beside strength, density and a softer knitted feel. The unique construction improves the drape when wearing. The increased density of Covec™ +7 offers unrivalled high speed abrasion resistance, tested to outperform the highest reported figures seen in motorcycle jeans with Covec™ +7 scoring 7.97 seconds using the most aggressive abrasion test currently available, CE EN 13595-1.
Covec™ SR4, SR6 and +7 offer certain advantages over more traditional materials like Aramids and UHMWPE’s and a lot of advantages over Polyamide yarns (like Nylon) and Polyesters yarns. Depending on the material you compare it with, Covec™ yarn has higher abrasion resistance, higher cut resistance, lower friction heat transfer and is more resistance to wear for prolonged performance.
- High Abrasion Resistance - Up to Level 2 pass of 7.97 seconds
- High Cut Resistance - 3 times as high as Adamids
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Does not Degrade with washing and wearing - Aramids can degrade with washing and wearing
- High Burst Strength - Tripple stitching Burst at 955kPa
- Micro Climat Inside - Keeps you cool in summer, warm in winter
- Breathable - The knitted structure of the Covec allows air circulation
- Light Weight - 5 times stronger than steel for the same weight
Bull-it Men Hunter Jacket SR6 Black
- Brand: Bull-it
- Product Code: 15070503
- Ex Tax: £154.16