The Pista GP is the revolutionary new top of the range model. Developed in collaboration with Valentino Rossi and other riders from the World Championship Series, the Pista GP sets new standards in terms of protection and ergonomics and is the benchmark for professional race helmets.
The carbon fibre shell and the EPS internal components were optimised using FEM techniques (Finite Elements Analysis) to obtain an extremely high performance helmet in terms of size, light weight and protection. The result is a helmet that is significantly superior than the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1310 g (refers to XS size in the ECE 2205 version).
The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests. This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider's head. Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Pista GP boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor.
The fit of the Pista GP was developed using “Human Engineering” whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer's head. The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider's head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitized internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads. The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Pista GP fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
RACE2 scratch resistant and anti-fog visor (4 layers) with wide field of vision, with 100% UV protection, suitable for Pinlock inserts and tear-off (that come as standard). Visor in compliance with the Class 1 optical standard, measuring up to 3.3mm thick.
Part number: 208110
Helmet Type: Full-Face
Colours: Black,Yellow Fluo
- New visor mechanism in metal with swivel opening. Rapid visor release system requiring no tools and allowing the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds
- Visor Lock System (VLS) that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. The visor meets Class 1 optical standards with a thickness up to 3.3 mm
- Pay attention: the helmet comes with clear visor only. Other visors are sold separately.
EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR SHELL
- Inner EPS shell in 4 sizes
- External shell in CA (100% Carbon fiber) in 4 sizes
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts hollowed into the shell and vents which direct air to the rider’s head
- Air intakes with protective metal frames and mesh are in the “always open” position. Racing plugs are available for bad weather
- Large rear spoiler optimised in a wind tunnel to maximise aerodynamic performance and ventilation, even at high speed. Spoiler designed to detach from the helmet in the event of an accident to increase passive safety
- Inside paddings: completely removable and washable
- Breathable, micro-perforated Lycra® crown pad with concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped in a single piece moulded around the contours of the rider’s head thanks to Rabbit System
- 3D Shalimar® cheek pads with multi-density foam. Inner liners covered by three patents. Possibility to customize cheek pads fit with the removable foam inserts.
- Retention system: Double D
Weight (ECE2205): 1310 g (+/- 50g) in XS size
|Helmet Model||AGV Pista GP|
AGV Pista GP Project 46 2.0 Carbon
- Brand: AGV
- Product Code: 208110
- Ex Tax: £999.99